[Debian-med-packaging] SVN commits will not be send to the commit mailing list any more

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Wed Oct 6 09:19:41 UTC 2010

On Wed, Oct 06, 2010 at 05:45:16PM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> Actually I had fruits to share today, so after peeling, cutting and
> distributing to my local colleagues, I guess I am relieved of my penitence ;)

Fine fruits work as well.  I take it as virtual fruit delivered to me. ;-)

> > PS: Recently I had the idea to maintain these hooks themselves somewhere
> >     in SVN to not loose the history.  I was just lacking an idea for an
> >     apropriate location.  What do you think?
>
> This is a good idea. Somewhere in trunk/community would be a good place.
> Perhaps we can even use a partial checkout in /svn/debian-med/hooks ?

Probaly we should do so.  Would you care for it.  To make real technical
sense of this we should even add a hook which propagates the change in SVN
right into place on Alioth.  If we don't do it this way we might run out
of sync in case somebody forgets to commit.  And we need a README in the
commit dir not to manually edit there.  I'll leave it to your decision if
you consider it worth the effort to implement it.

Kind regards