[Debian-med-packaging] pycogent package (build)depending on python2.5

Charles Plessy plessy at debian.org
Sun Sep 12 09:32:29 UTC 2010

Le Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 09:58:21AM +0000, Matthias Klose a écrit :
> Package: python-cogent
> Version: 1.4.1-1
> Severity: serious
> User: debian-python at lists.debian.org
> Usertag: python2.6
>
> The package build-depends on python2.5-dev, which is not the default
> python version for squeeze.  The package should be rebuilt with
> python2.6, either build-depending on python-dev (recommended) or
> python2.6-dev.

Dear Girish,

Debian Squeeze will use python 2.6 as default, and for this reason python-cogent
need to be able to be built and run with it. But currently it is not the case,
as it depends on python2.5-dev.

You can have a look at one of the mgltools bugs to see how to resolve this,
for instance mgltools-bhtree.

If you think that you will not have time to work this out in a timely fashion,
please let us know and I or others will help. The reason for the time constraint
is that Debian is preparing the release of Squeeze, and packages that do not
work with python 2.6 consume time of the release team.

Have a nice day,

Charles

--
Charles Plessy