[Debian-med-packaging] Comments regarding mrbayes_3.1.2-1_amd64.changes

Mark Hymers mhy at debian.org
Fri Apr 1 11:41:03 UTC 2011

On Thu, 31, Mar, 2011 at 02:17:17PM +0200, Alexander Reichle-Schmehl spoke thus..
> For reference:  Beside comments, this file carb.r only contains the
> following lines:
>
> ====
> type 'carb' {
> };
>
> resource 'carb'(0) {
> };
> ====
>
> I don't know enough about Mac OS X, nor do I actually know, what that's
> for a file (it doesn't look like R to me?).  But it doesn't seem to do
> anything, and I actually doubt, that it has the "level of creativity"
> (What's the English word for "Schöpfungshöhe"?) to be copyrightable.  So
> from my point of view, you can ignore it for now, but should clarify it
> for the next upload, whenever that happens.
>
> Any other opinions from the rest of the FTP Team?

To be honest, looks entirely non-copyrightable to me.  I'd let it go.

Mark

--
Mark Hymers <mhy at debian dot org>

"I got off at Durham... and fell in love with it instantly.  Why, it's
 wonderful - a perfect little city.  If you have never been to Durham, go
 there at once. Take my car. It's wonderful."
     Notes from a Small Island, Bill Bryson