[Debian-med-packaging] figtree_1.3.1-1_amd64.changes REJECTED

Andreas Tille tille at debian.org
Sun Apr 10 14:14:27 UTC 2011

Hi Luca,

On Sat, Apr 09, 2011 at 09:52:36PM +0000, Luca Falavigna wrote:
> it seems there are a lot of files licensed under LGPL,
> but it's not mentioned in the copyright file.

Could you please be a bit more verbose what files you have in mind which
are licensed under LGPL.  The author told me the program is GPL and he
did not mentioned exceptions.

> Also, some files under Graphics directory lack
> corresponding source files (e.g. PDF ones).

Well, under Graphics you find simple icons etc.  Some of them are just
in PDF format.  I wonder if there is any rule in Debian that you always
need to provide some format which is natively used in the image
processing program which were used to create the image (so I wonder if
you are requesting XCF files if some graphics are created with Gimp).
If this would be required a whole lot of our archive would immediately
become non-free.  I even wonder why the author is providing the PSD
files at all.

So I would rather like you to reconsider your decision to ask for the
source of the PDFs which are just simple graphics and only by chance in
PDF format where you might have suspected some LaTeX documentation or
whatever.

Kind regards