[Debian-med-packaging] r7374 - in trunk/packages/qiime: . 1.3.0_ubuntu_lucid/debian 1.3.0_ubuntu_lucid/debian/patches

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Wed Aug 3 09:14:30 UTC 2011

Hi Tim,

thanks fro your update and notification about new qiime package.
I have some questions to your commit:

On Tue, Aug 02, 2011 at 05:10:08PM +0000, Timothy Booth wrote:
> Log:
> This is a update of the Qiime 1.2.1 package to build Qiime 1.3.
>
> Unfortunately, this is now a fork from the Debian trunk because current versions
> of Debian/Ubuntu now build Python with "dh --with python2" but I can't use this for
> backports to Lucid Lynx.

Just for the sake of interest: Is python2 not ported to Lucid?

> Anyone wanting to package Qiime 1.3 or above for Deb Med should ignore this fork, and
> work from the much neater trunk.  However, you should take a look at my last changelog
> entry as there are some important changes from the packaging point of view - primarily
> the inclusion of a small piece of compiled code

Which is what?

> and the incorporation of Denoiser within
> the core Qiime codebase.
> Modified: trunk/packages/qiime/1.3.0_ubuntu_lucid/debian/changelog
> +Conflicts: denoiser
> +Replaces: denoiser

Is there really any need for duplicating this code instead of using the
Debian packaged version of denoiser?

BTW, I really wonder for what reason denoiser and qiime are hanging
around in experimental.  Steffen, could you please comment on this.

Kind regards