[Debian-med-packaging] r7424 - in trunk/packages/velvet/trunk/debian: . patches

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Thu Aug 11 14:31:44 UTC 2011

On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 11:27:07PM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> source ‘contrib’ directory for the word ‘copyright’.  I have other pending
> license issues in other packages (emboss, bioperl, and more recently m2crypto,
> needed to update euca2ools), so I am not available to help on that task.  Note
> that in the main zlib package, the maintainer also chose to delete the contrib
> directory in order to skip the copyright checks.
>
> ./zlib-1.2.3/contrib/inflate86/inffast.S: * Copyright (C) 2003 Chris Anderson <christop at charm.net>
> ./zlib-1.2.3/contrib/inflate86/inffast.S: * Please use the copyright conditions above.
> ./zlib-1.2.3/contrib/blast/blast.c: * For conditions of distribution and use, see copyright notice in blast.h
> ./zlib-1.2.3/contrib/puff/puff.c: * For conditions of distribution and use, see copyright notice in puff.h
>
> This said, if you document the files above correctly, then we will not need to
> repack velvet anymore, and it would make the package simpler.

Hmm, IMHO it's currently simple enought with the archive rebuild
compared to the work needed for a proper copyright.  If in addition I
try to apply my future reading abilities upstream will probably drop
zlib code at all if they dropped using it by default for now.  We
could even tweak the future if we ask upstream actively to do so -
that would really make the package simpler ...

Kind regards