[Debian-med-packaging] r7427 - trunk/packages/velvet/trunk/debian

Charles Plessy plessy at debian.org
Fri Aug 12 07:09:45 UTC 2011

Le Fri, Aug 12, 2011 at 08:52:39AM +0200, Andreas Tille a écrit :
> On Fri, Aug 12, 2011 at 03:33:03PM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> > > Additional question:  I somehow tend to keep on repackaging velvet to avoid
> > > the copyright hell of zlib.
>
> What about this one?

I think that it is completely up to Tim.  If the copyrights and licenses were
documented, we would benefit from simplifying the package and use the pristine
upstream sources.

> > I think that the behaviour of dh, of not honoring the CFLAGS from the
> > environment, introduces a regression compared to previous build strategies.
> > Luckily, it seems that the Debhelper compatibility level 9 is designed to solve
> > that problem, see http://bugs.debian.org/544844.  In my experience, I have not
> > managed to use it correctly, and switched back at least one package to CDBS for
> > this reason.
>
> Which package and what exactly was the problem (just curious whether my
> preference for dh might have some drawbacks).

seaview, commit r6980.

The problem is that CFLAGS are not passed automagically.  In most cases it does
not make much difference, but for Seaview, the packages passes a lot of options
through CFLAGS (which were earlier passed by patching the Makefile, but I prefer
to avoid patching if possible).

Also, now that I get used to diff the build logs before uploading, I prefer that
-Wall is properly passed; this is more informative.

Cheers,

--
Charles Plessy
Debian Med packaging team,