[Debian-med-packaging] Tim - don't update the archive ... qiime Re: [med-svn] r7572 - trunk/packages/qiime

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Mon Aug 29 09:23:27 UTC 2011

On Mon, Aug 29, 2011 at 11:07:30AM +0200, Steffen Möller wrote:
> Weird. I do not see it. But, technically ok then.

It was not your fault that you was missing it ...

> > IMHO the branches/lucid is what we want, or not?
> It is technically cleaner.

OK, done.

> > I personally will not upload the Debian package before anybody has
> > confirmed that the package works.  I just tried to apply those
> > information I've got (separate denoiser package to be removed;
> > qiime ships with denoiser, but arch=any).
> Ok, many thanks. I was at it, too, and so was Tim.

I try to be as less invasive as possible if I do changes in packages I'm
no expert in.  Just have a look and feel free to change if anythings is
different than your expectation.

> So, we should really set the message across that Debian has the
> same qiime that Bio-Linux has.

Sure - I'm really trying to help in this direction.  Tim, feel free to
decrease debhelper compatibility again to make buulding on lucid as
simple as possible.

> If techniallcy possible, and I think
> this is is, I therefore want to have the branch/lucid version also for
> unstable. It is this kind of things that Debian can really profit from
> Bio-Linux, let's use it.

If I remember right the previous upload was refused by ftpmaster because
of improper handling of conflicts with denoiser.  My intend was to make
this as clean as possible.  Feel free to either steal code from trunk to
branches/lucid or to tweak trunk to work with lucid (I'd prefer the
later option).

Kind regards