[Debian-med-packaging] Git vs SVN

Charles Plessy plessy at debian.org
Wed Aug 31 13:00:43 UTC 2011

Le Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 01:16:03PM +0200, Andreas Tille a écrit :

> The question was, whether we should possibly indicate something like
>
>  alioth/debian-med/packages/ball $ cat now_managed_via_git
>  http://git.debian.org/?p=debian-med/ball.git;a=summary
>
> as part of our policy.

Hi Andreas and everybody,

I took the freedom to add the two following lines to our group policy's
instructions for migrating a package from Subversion to Git:

  Document in the Subversion repository that the package has been transferred
  elsewhere, for instance with a file named now_managed_via_git containing the
  new VCS URL.

  Delete the package in the Subversion repository after its VCS URL in Stable
  has been updated by the next release.

I will of course correct them if I did not guess the consensus correctly :)

Cheers,

--
Charles Plessy
Debian Med packaging team,