[Debian-med-packaging] binutils: [mips] ld segfaults

Jonathan Nieder jrnieder at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 23:43:33 UTC 2011

tags 428450 + moreinfo
quit

Hi David,

David Paleino wrote:

> g++ -g -W -Wall -pedantic -DVERSION="\"1.00\"" -lm AlignedFragment.o Assert.o Block.o
> Consistency.o GlobalAlign.o LocalAlign.o Main.o PairAligner.o Matrix.o MultiSequence.o
> ProbModel.o Score.o ScoreMatrix.o Sequence.o SparseMatrix.o Tree.o Utilities.o -o proda
> collect2: ld terminated with signal 11 [Segmentation fault]

More recent versions of proda seem to build okay[1] on mips/mipsel
nowadays.  Did this require workarounds on proda's side, was the
binutils bug silently fixed, or did something else happen?  I suppose
I'd be happy if someone with access to a mips machine could try
building proda 1.0-2 to check this out; if that succeeds, I'm not sure
how much progress is possible on this one at this point.

Still, thanks for reporting it and hope that helps.
Jonathan

[1] https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=proda