[Debian-med-packaging] binutils: [mips] ld segfaults

David Paleino dapal at debian.org
Sat Jun 4 06:42:03 UTC 2011

On Fri, 3 Jun 2011 18:43:33 -0500, Jonathan Nieder wrote:

> tags 428450 + moreinfo
> quit
>
> Hi David,

Hello Jonathan,

> David Paleino wrote:
>
> > g++ -g -W -Wall -pedantic -DVERSION="\"1.00\"" -lm AlignedFragment.o
> > Assert.o Block.o Consistency.o GlobalAlign.o LocalAlign.o Main.o
> > PairAligner.o Matrix.o MultiSequence.o ProbModel.o Score.o ScoreMatrix.o
> > Sequence.o SparseMatrix.o Tree.o Utilities.o -o proda collect2: ld
> > terminated with signal 11 [Segmentation fault]
>
> More recent versions of proda seem to build okay[1] on mips/mipsel
> nowadays.  Did this require workarounds on proda's side, was the
> binutils bug silently fixed, or did something else happen?

I believe the binutils bug was silently fixed. Didn't do anything
binutils-related on proda, only the various gcc-related patches to add
missing #includes, which happened during the time proda existed in Debian.

I'm closing the bug, if you don't mind :)

Kindly,
David

--
 . ''`.   Debian developer | http://wiki.debian.org/DavidPaleino