[Debian-med-packaging] r6920 - in trunk/packages/mgltools: dejavu/trunk/debian mslib/trunk/debian networkeditor/trunk/debian pyautodock/trunk/debian pybabel/trunk/debian qslimlib/trunk/debian support/trunk/debian symserv/trunk/debian viewerframework/trunk/debian vision/trunk/debian vision/trunk/debian/patches volume/trunk/debian

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Tue Jun 7 21:08:55 UTC 2011

Hi Thorsten,

On Tue, Jun 07, 2011 at 07:30:53PM +0200, Thorsten Alteholz wrote:
>>   s/python-central (>= 0.5.6), cdbs (>= 0.4), python-all/python-all-dev (>= 2.6)/
>
> I am not a friend of cdbs, but what are the arguments against it?

I tend to convert any package to short dh notation if it makes sense.
It does not make sense if the rules file works perfectly unchanged.
In this case it does not.  The migration to the new Python helper is
brain dead simple using dh which just makes it a matter of

   dh $@ --with python2

I'm not aware of a cdbs statement which is competing here and the actual
bugs just are concerning the Python migration.  So in this case this is
a strong reason for a migration.

Kind regards