[Debian-med-packaging] Inspection of Biomaj-watcher packaging

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Wed Mar 2 11:07:19 UTC 2011

Hi Olivier,

On Wed, Mar 02, 2011 at 08:56:33AM +0100, Olivier Sallou wrote:
> So we have two options:
>  - We wait for GWT2 to be packaged to package biomaj-watcher officially
> ( I can still propose the deb package on biomaj web site)
>  - I try to package GWT2 though I do not fell really confident about
> this....

it is hard for me to decide what is the best approach.  I learned that
people are working the most engaged on one thing if they see an
advantage for their own work.  So if you would consider biomaj-watcher
in Debian as very important for your work waiting is probably not the
best strategy.  However, if you find other packaging targets which
are of similar relevance for you, you can fill the "waiting" time with
other useful stuff.  Pinging people who might be more interested in
working on GWT2 meanwhile seems reasonable in any case.  Prehaps they
just need some extra motivation or small pieces of help.

Kind regards