[Debian-med-packaging] biomaj package

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Wed Mar 2 11:15:16 UTC 2011

Hi Olivier,

On Wed, Mar 02, 2011 at 12:06:35PM +0100, Olivier Sallou wrote:
> what is the process/life cycle regarding packages once uploaded on
> debian ftp-master?

there is no typical waiting time.  We observed times inbetween 1-2 weeks
and 1-2 years (in the worst cases).  The reasons are very different.
The current block (none of the new packages created at the sprint) is
IMHO caused by some lag after the Debian release which kapt ftpmasters
more busy with other stuff than usually.

It might also happen that some extra upload cycles will be needed if a
package might have license issues or some other not acceptable stuff.

At

   http://ftp-master.debian.org/new.html

you see a lot of packages which are for 1 month in the queue (highest
of "our" packages is mothur).  My personal estimation is that these
will be processed in the next couple of weeks and the length of the
new queue will become shorter.  It will be influenced by some real
life issues for instance because two ftpmaster members are currently
maintaining a CeBit booth ... volunteering for tasks like this gives
them some more spare time.

Hope this clarifies things a bit.

Kind regards