[Debian-med-packaging] IGV 1.5.60

Shaun Jackman sjackman at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 01:24:45 UTC 2011

On 19 March 2011 00:01, Andreas Tille <tille at debian.org> wrote:
> Hi Shaun,
>
> On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 06:12:40PM -0700, Shaun Jackman wrote:
>> The packaging of IGV 1.5.59 is going well. I've run into what appears
>> to be a bug with IGV 1.5.59 when displaying alignments from BAM files.
>> I'm checking in with the developer to see what's going on before
>> uploading the new version.
>
> Thanks for the info.  I would like to stop this private discussion here
> to share the info amongst other potentially interested people.  In case
> there might be further trouble or any upstream bugs preventing you from
> uploading it would be great if you post to the mailing list.  (Just
> add a comment whether you want to be CCed in responses if you are not
> subscribed.)
>
> Kind regards and thanks for your work on this

Hi all,

I've packaged IGV 1.5.60, pushed it to igv.git, and uploaded the
package to the archive. I also unintentionally uploaded IGV 1.5.59,
and I've contacted the FTP master. My workflow for updating IGV
follows. I'd appreciate anyone's comments on my workflow.

I restored igv.git on alioth from my local working copy. I've never
restored a git archive in this manner before, so if you happen to be a
git guru, plus scrutinize the IGV git archive on alioth.

Cheers,
Shaun

#!/bin/sh
set -eu
v=1.5.60
cd igv
debian/rules get-orig-source v=$v
debuild clean
quilt pop -a
rm -rf .pc
git import-orig ../igv_$v.orig.tar.bz2
dch -v $v-1 # write changelog entry
quilt push # fix the patch if it does not apply cleanly
quilt refresh
debuild
sudo debi # test package
debuild clean