[Debian-med-packaging] mothur_1.17.3-1_amd64.changes REJECTED

Ansgar Burchardt ftpmaster at debian.org
Thu Mar 31 12:22:51 UTC 2011

Hi,

I'm sorry, but I have to reject your package. I did miss this part of the
copyright information:

Files: debian/*
Copyright: © 2010 Sri Girish Srinivasa Murthy <srigirish at evolbio.mpg.de
           © 2011 Andreas Tille <tille at debian.or>
License: public-domain
 The packaging work is in the public domain unless stated otherwise.

But there is no public domain in Germany, cf. Alexander's comment on probalign.

In addition the upstream tarball now includes a copy of the GPL-3, but states
nowhere that it is released under these terms. So all we have right now are the
"All rights reserved" notices in the individual files. I couldn't find any
license statement on the upstream website either.

Regards,
Ansgar

===

Please feel free to respond to this email if you don't understand why
your files were rejected, or if you upload new files which address our
concerns.