[Debian-med-packaging] Product packages for Zope

Arnaud Fontaine arnau at debian.org
Fri Oct 28 06:39:59 UTC 2011

Hi,

Andreas Tille <tille at debian.org> writes:

>> > As already discussed  on IRC some days ago, I  suggest to patch (if
>> > required)  and  upload the  Zope2  Product  packages that  we  (the
>> > current Zope2  Debian maintainers) use,  and request to  remove the
>> > remaining ones from unstable.
>
> I assumed that the chances for any Zope 2 products inside Debian would
> be very low.  Any summary of the discussion available?

Well, the summary  is given above. Basically, it  initially started with
the intent to fix these serious  bugs[0]. On IRC, we just discussed what
products are currently used by Jonas  and Gaël (e.g.  developers who are
currently  interested in  having  Zope2 available  again  in Debian  and
actively using Zope2).

Also,  some packages  are almost  never  used outside  of plone  (namely
zope-ploneformgen,    zope-scriptablefields,    zope-atextensions    and
zope-cmfbibliographyat as they require archetypes AFAIR).

I think that's all...

>> > all  right, this  leaves the  zope-cmfbibliographyat and  zope-zms,
>> > which should be removed from the archive if nobody cares.
>
> Thanks for the CC.  Regarding zope-zms the situation is as follows: It
> always  had a  very low  popcon  value (which  might be  the case  for
> several Zope products for sure).  I was using it at some point in time
> but this was > 5 years ago.  I  currently do not use Zope any more and
> do not even  have a Zope installation  on my boxes -  so testing would
> take me more time  than I'm able to spend.  I  do not feel comfortable
> to simply build  a lintian clean package which might  work or not.  So
> if somebody would  volunteer to take over zope-cms this  would be nice
> from a  Debian Med  perspective (because zms  is targeting  at medical
> care).  I  can confirm that I  consider CMS as a  high quality product
> which is  actively maintained.  If  somebody would be willing  to take
> over  some  packaging  guidance   and  sponsoring  for  some  upstream
> developer it might be feasible to keep it inside Debian.

Well, if  it targets medical  care, then it  would perhaps be  better if
someone from the  Debian Med project would take care  of that, isn't it?
(CC'ing  debian-med  mailing  list  in  hoping  that  someone  would  be
interested in this package ;))

Regards,
--
Arnaud Fontaine