[Debian-med-packaging] Git vs SVN

Charles Plessy plessy at debian.org
Thu Sep 1 01:09:13 UTC 2011

Le Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 06:35:13PM +0200, Olivier Sallou a écrit :

> just a short comment on an issue in policy on wiki for svn.
> I still refers to old alioth url. If we checkout with current url, it is read-only:
>
> If you are a member of Debian Med or a Debian developer, you have write permission:
>
> svn co svn+ssh://user@alioth.debian.org/svn/debian-med/trunk/...
>
> Should be svn.debian.org

Dear Olivier,

this is already corrected in the XML version of our group policy.  For the HTML
version to be updated, we either need xsltproc and docbook-xsl to be installed
on wagner.debian.org, or vasks.debian.org's /var/lib/gforge/chroot/home/groups
to be mounted on wagner.debian.org somewhere like/srv/vasks.d.o/home/groups.  I
requested both on http://titanpad.com/yyhfwA9Pyr.

As it was written that ‘Repeating questions means less time to fix the issues
that remain.’ (8739jvri61.fsf at qurzaw.varnish-software.com), I am not taking
further action, and just wait.

Alternatively, we could consider migrating out of Alioth for the
non-programmatic part our website.  www.debian.org, wiki.debian.org, or even
www.branchables.com would be good choices.

Cheers,

--