[Debian-med-packaging] Git vs SVN

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Thu Sep 1 07:05:05 UTC 2011

On Thu, Sep 01, 2011 at 10:09:13AM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:

> this is already corrected in the XML version of our group policy.  For the HTML
> version to be updated, we either need xsltproc and docbook-xsl to be installed
> on wagner.debian.org, or vasks.debian.org's /var/lib/gforge/chroot/home/groups
> to be mounted on wagner.debian.org somewhere like/srv/vasks.d.o/home/groups.  I
> requested both on http://titanpad.com/yyhfwA9Pyr.
>
> As it was written that ‘Repeating questions means less time to fix the issues
> that remain.’ (8739jvri61.fsf at qurzaw.varnish-software.com), I am not taking
> further action, and just wait.

Well, asking again after some time might make sense.  IMHO we should ask
again in beginning of October.

> Alternatively, we could consider migrating out of Alioth for the
> non-programmatic part our website.  www.debian.org, wiki.debian.org, or even
> www.branchables.com would be good choices.

I think the simplest solution is to do the conversion on a local machine
and rsync it to wagner.  This could be even automated by a publish:
target in the makefile (I do this in Blends documentation).  IMHO the
whole workflow to use postcommit hooks is flawed anyway - so even if
the XML tools would be installed on wagner I do not see that this would
help.  For the moment I did the update manually.  I'd volunteer to write
such a publish target if nobody has a better idea.

However, I noticed that the html ends up with a "date" saying

   $ policy.xml rev. @REV@ - @DATE@ (@AUTHOR@) $

Seems something is broken in the conversion process anyway.  Any idea
how to fix this?

Kind regards