[Debian-med-packaging] Differences in repackaged tarballs (Was: libsbml_5.4.1-2_amd64.changes REJECTED)

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Thu Apr 5 06:28:07 UTC 2012

On Wed, Apr 04, 2012 at 10:01:27PM +0200, Thorsten Alteholz wrote:

> Ok, strange, but obviously true. The upload with sources from the
> archive did work.

After having read

I do not consider it strange any more.  The changed timestamp of
directories makes a valid point here.

IN any case I'm using the same option as uscan in get-orig-source
scripts I'm writing which are

   GZIP="--best --no-name" tar --owner=root --group=root --mode=a+rX -czf ...

which makes perfect sense to me to set also reasonable/unified
permissions in the resulting tarball.  I wished this would somehow be
encapsulated in some wrapper script which can be used in all
get-orig-source scripts and could be adapted to something even better if
new knowledge comes in later.

Kind regards