[Debian-med-packaging] armel and armhf build failures in GNU R related packages

peter green plugwash at p10link.net
Sun Apr 8 22:40:28 UTC 2012

A number of GNU R related packages are failing on armel and armhf with
errors like

gcc -std=gnu99 -shared -o msmSHLIB_EXT analyticp.o hmm.o lik.o pijt.o -llapack -lblas -lgfortran -lm SHLIB_LIBADD -L/usr/lib/R/lib -lR
gcc: error: SHLIB_LIBADD: No such file or directory

https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=rgl&suite=sid
https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=r-cran-msm&suite=sid
https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=r-cran-vegan&suite=sid
https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=r-cran-maps&suite=sid
https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=r-bioc-hilbertvis&suite=sid
https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=r-cran-rms&suite=sid
https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=r-cran-epi&suite=sid
https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=rpart&suite=sid
https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=rmatrix&suite=sid
https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=r-cran-gam&suite=sid

Any idea what is going on here? (to my untrained eye it looks like it's using the name of a variable where it should
be using the value but I know nothing about R)