[Debian-med-packaging] Debian backports

Laszlo Kajan lkajan at rostlab.org
Fri Apr 27 12:05:14 UTC 2012

Hello Maarten!

> And I see it will trickle through in testing in about 10 days. But
> what happens next? Is there any chance it will ever show up in squeeze
> e.g.?

Not really. The stable release does not accept new packages, only security updates. When the present testing becomes stable (actually soon, in a
few months I think), then dssp is going to be in stable (wheezy) with it.

dssp could make it into backports (http://backports-master.debian.org/) and then those who have that repo configured, would get it. But I don't
know how to get stuff into backports. You can look around for instructions and if you find some, please share them with me.

>> Maarten, if you want, let's proceed with libzeep?
>
> Yes, good idea. I'll try to make some time for this next week. In this
> case that will mean I have to write some decent documentation. Not my
> favorite pastime but I have to do that anyway.

Cool. I find the more documentation I write, the easier it becomes.

I'm looking forward to seeing you commit the debianization of libzeep. If you do it before the Debian freeze (so before packages in testing
become stable), you will get it into wheezy.

Best regards,

Laszlo