[Debian-med-packaging] Please upload NEW hhsuite

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Wed Feb 22 12:42:14 UTC 2012

Hi Laszlo,

I had a look (hopefully no race condition with Steffen ;-)).

Some minor remarks - only the first one is relevant for sponsering
the package because most probably ftpmaster will stumble upon
missing license statement

  1. debian/copyright:
     Files: lib/ffindex/*
     Copyright: Andy Hauser <hauser at genzentrum.lmu.de>
     License: Create Commons license "Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0"

     Ftpmaster might insist on specifying this license explicitely
     because there is no copy at /usr/share/common-licenses.
     There are also some more nitpicking warnings given by lintian
     which are not that critical.  I recently learned that

       config-edit -application dpkg-copyright debian/copyright

     might be helpful.

  2. README.source:
     You are describing the patches you applied.  If you try
       lintian -i -I *.dsc
     you get a hint to prefer this straight inside the patches
     which makes sense because it is better visible for upstream

  3. debian/rules:
     - You tend to use .PHONY statements which is IMHO just not
       necessary (or do you have any evidence that something does
       not work as expected without these?)

  4. lintian -i -I:
     * I: hhsuite: spelling-error-in-binary usr/bin/hhfilter exceded exceeded
       ... you seem to have good contact to upstream
     * I: hhsuite source: binary-control-field-duplicates-source field "priority" in package hhsuite-dbg
       ... just drop this extra information
     * I: hhsuite source: duplicate-short-description hhsuite hhsuite-dbg
       ... add something like "(debug package)" or so and similarly
       for the libraries.

Thanks for your work on this and please handle at least item 1 while the
others would be simply nice to have.

     Andreas.