[Debian-med-packaging] Please upload NEW hhsuite

Laszlo Kajan lkajan at rostlab.org
Wed Feb 22 15:25:47 UTC 2012

Hello Andreas!

Ok, I've fixed the debian/copyright issue (I hope). Thanks for config-edit!

On 22/02/12 13:42, Andreas Tille wrote:
> Hi Laszlo,
>
> I had a look (hopefully no race condition with Steffen ;-)).
>
> Some minor remarks - only the first one is relevant for sponsering
> the package because most probably ftpmaster will stumble upon
> missing license statement
>
>   1. debian/copyright:
>      Files: lib/ffindex/*
>      Copyright: Andy Hauser <hauser at genzentrum.lmu.de>
>      License: Create Commons license "Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0"
>
>      Ftpmaster might insist on specifying this license explicitely
>      because there is no copy at /usr/share/common-licenses.
>      There are also some more nitpicking warnings given by lintian
>      which are not that critical.  I recently learned that
>
>        config-edit -application dpkg-copyright debian/copyright
>
>      might be helpful.
>
>   2. README.source:
>      You are describing the patches you applied.  If you try
>        lintian -i -I *.dsc
>      you get a hint to prefer this straight inside the patches
>      which makes sense because it is better visible for upstream

Ok, thanks for this, I've moved the documentation into the patches.

>   3. debian/rules:
>      - You tend to use .PHONY statements which is IMHO just not
>        necessary (or do you have any evidence that something does
>        not work as expected without these?)

.PHONYs are a precaution I want and afford to take.

>   4. lintian -i -I:
>      * I: hhsuite: spelling-error-in-binary usr/bin/hhfilter exceded exceeded
>        ... you seem to have good contact to upstream
>      * I: hhsuite source: binary-control-field-duplicates-source field "priority" in package hhsuite-dbg
>        ... just drop this extra information
>      * I: hhsuite source: duplicate-short-description hhsuite hhsuite-dbg
>        ... add something like "(debug package)" or so and similarly
>        for the libraries.

Upstream is working on the spelling mistakes - I won't fix that.

Priority is fixed now. I do not see the short description warning.

Thanks for the comments!

Best regards,

Laszlo