[Debian-med-packaging] Please upload NEW hhsuite

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Thu Feb 23 13:44:48 UTC 2012

Hi Laszlo,

On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 01:23:21PM +0100, Laszlo Kajan wrote:
> Hello Andreas!
>
> But it does seem to work just like that!
>
> I've build the pack and read dh_installchangelogs and the ffindex binary packages DID the right (0.9.2-1) version (the hhsuite ones are still
> 2.0.12-1)!
>
> So it does seem to work to me. Did you actually try to build the latest version?

Uhmm, no.  It sounded so different from what I thought I would have to
understand that I did not even tried.  I can confirm that it actually
works.

> > Nice try but it will not work this way. :-)
> > For getting a working example you might either
> >
> >    apt-get source ncbi-tools6
> > or
> >    git clone git+ssh://tille@git.debian.org/git/debian-med/ncbi-tools6.git
> >
> > The debian/changelog file is related to the source package and not to
> > the resulting binaries - so you have only one such file and only ones
> > such version.
>
> That yes, but debian/<package>.changelog is for the respective binary pack, man dh_installchangelogs.

I have no idea how and since when this trick works - just learned
something new ...

> > We can ask ftpmaster to reject the package (I don't really know whether
> > there is some kind of formalism for this - I guess a simple mail would
> > be sufficient).
> >
> > And we can always use (hmmm, I always tend to forget the terminus
> > technicus for this - you will find this in relevant Debian documentation
> > which I currently do not have time to check) a prefix in front of
> > the version number separated by ':' like this:
> >
> >     1:0.9.2 > 2.0.12
>
> Yes, to use an 'epoch'. I've read about this. But I would like to avoid this if now I would still be able to make this version rejected. I am
> going to email the ftp masters.

Fine for me.  We will see the Reject message of them and you afterwards
can tell me when to upload again.

> Thanks for the symlink idea, I am going to do exactly that.

Fine.

Thanks for your work on this