[Debian-med-packaging] Some questions about seg (Was: r11551 - in trunk/packages/seg/trunk/debian: . patches source)

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Thu Jul 5 12:46:06 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jul 05, 2012 at 02:34:40PM +0200, Laszlo Kajan wrote:

> > $ apt-file search /usr/bin/seq | grep "seq$"
> > coreutils: /usr/bin/seq
> >
> >   --> man seq
> >

> No, seg. I do not find seg. Do you?

Sorry, my fault.  There really does not seem to me a seg:

$ apt-file search /usr/bin/seg
ncbi-blast+: /usr/bin/segmasker
tophat: /usr/bin/segment_juncs

> > I do not want to put my versioning policy on to you but if you are
> > actually asking I would vote for 0.0.20000620 (above I did mixed up
> > month and day).
> >

> Ok, 0.0.20000620 it is (newest file of upstream). But 'seg' - I am becoming more attached to it, since it is not yet taken, and there is no
> policy, so this pack could use it? At this point, it would make me happy! :)

Fine for me.  I just wanted to point things out.  I fixed the typo
I injected also in the subject line and CC Charles who was involved
in the short-name-discussion.  If he does not insist until tomorrow
I'll upload with the name you as the maintainer have choosen.

Thanks for your preparations