[Debian-med-packaging] Freeze-exception for beast-mcmc possible? (Was: beast-mcmc_1.6.2-3_amd64.changes ACCEPTED into unstable)

Andreas Tille tille at debian.org
Thu Jul 12 15:34:32 UTC 2012

On Fri, Jul 06, 2012 at 03:59:56PM +0200, Cyril Brulebois wrote:

> I think we're trying to avoid introducing new packages at this point…

That's fair.

> Anyway, it has out-of-date binaries almost everywhere, so it's not even
> remotely a candidate.

However, this is actually not correct to my perception.  I guess you are
refering to

    http://qa.debian.org/excuses.php?package=beast-mcmc

but from my perception these are false positives.  As far as I know
these issues are only blocking reasons if a package was available for
those architectures formerly but this is not the case.  The problem is
that we would need to manually build for those architectures because of
the one non-free dependency we were not able to get rid of.  This is no
try to ask you to reconsider your decision I just think that the package
in principle could migrate.

Thanks for your work anyway