[Debian-med-packaging] Please upload: hhsuite, ffindex, blimps and sift

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Tue Mar 6 11:25:56 UTC 2012

On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 07:14:11PM +0100, Laszlo Kajan wrote:

> > Made similar changes like I did for ffindex.  Furthermore I'd regard it
> > really important to submit the patch upstream because it is security
> > relevant.  Another remark: It is a nice thing to have debian/copyright
> > in DEP5 format - but that's not really relevant for sponsering.
> >
> > However, I think there is some mistake involved in the data package.
> > The size of those few files is that small that there is really no reason
> > to provide a separate package.  I have no idea whether this was
> > intentional or whether some files are just missing.

I dropped the extra data package and moved the files straight into
blimps-utils.  Hope this is fine.

> > What I would rather would package would probably be the examples (using
> > dh_installexamples) in a blimps-examples package.

Done.

> > In the same line I would also consider a blimps-doc package from the
> > www directory.

I installed www/ dir into usr/share/doc/blimps-utils/html - please confirm
whether you consider this helpful for users or not.

> Thank you for the suggestions. Normally I would agree with you completely.
>
> blimps is dead upstream. The only purpose I can see for this package is to provide the required dependency for sift. I explained this further in
> the debian/README.Debian and README.sources files. Unfortunately we have to minimize the effort here - I can not, and I think neither can Soon -
> implement your ideas since blimps is sufficient for sift in its present form.

I hope you are fine with my work.  I guess it will not be invasive
regarding the library because I did not changed anything here.  I just
like to give other users more information by installing hopefully useful
information and testing examples.  Please confirm whether you regard
this is the case or whether you rather prefer to drop the examples and
www/* files from packaging.

> Please upload blimps so that sift can get its turn.

Sorry for taking longer than expected.  I'll upload blimps right after
I have your final go.

Kind regards and thanks for preparing the package