[Debian-med-packaging] DSSP statically linked version for Linux please if you prefer not to distribute sources

Laszlo Kajan lkajan at rostlab.org
Fri Mar 16 11:07:40 UTC 2012

Hello Maarten!

That's quite a change: you release the source now and the LICENSE is 'Boost Software License'!

Well if you indeed are making dssp(2) free software now, then I would like to package it for Debian (we have our cluster in Debian) - this also
means that it gets packaged for Ubuntu.

* Is this all right for you?

* Would you like to do the packaging yourself? - I can help of course.

* Even if I do the packaging, you can review/modify it any time since it is going to be in a repository in the Debian Med project
(http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-med/).

What say you?

Thanks a lot for freeing dssp2 up - this is great news!

Best regards,

Laszlo