[Debian-med-packaging] planning (a) hsqldb transition(s)

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Wed May 2 11:23:59 UTC 2012

Hi Laszlo,

On Wed, May 02, 2012 at 11:34:35AM +0200, Laszlo Kajan wrote:
> Ah, yes, about shared libraries. librarynamesoversion (or libraryname-soversion).
>
> * I think this should be applied to hmmer as well, hmmer (in testing) -> hmmer3, since that's not compatible with hmmer(<< 3).
>
> I have stuff that depends on hmmer (<<3), so I would need both hmmer(<<3) and hmmer/hmmer3(>=3) to coexist in one installation. Could this be
> resolved before the freeze?

I remember that we talked about this in Southport.  Because you admitted
that you are using it yourself: Could you prepare a hmmer2 package that
fits your needs and let me check?  I'm not sure how important it would
be to rename the current hmmer (== hmmer-latest) to hmmer3 (from my
perception it could remain unversioned, but you can decide on a way more
educated basis as an active user).

Kind regards

       Andreas.

PS: Thanks for your MoM advertising to Maarten.  I would also MoM-mentoring
    about the hmmer-split if there is somebody who is actually willing to
    do the work.  Currently other things are higher on my agenda than doing
    this myself completely.