[Debian-med-packaging] planning (a) hsqldb transition(s)

Laszlo Kajan lkajan at rostlab.org
Wed May 2 11:40:23 UTC 2012

* Ok, I will try to remember and make an hmmer2 'drop out' of my course here - I actually have it already:

  https://rostlab.org/owiki/index.php/Packages # hmmer2 in that table

  I will have the students review it and commit the debianization into the svn.

* Naming the new hmmer (>3) package hmmer3 would be good to make users aware of the incompatibility. There are dependencies on hmmer in stable
and testing, the same set. I doubt though that those deps in testing have all been updated to work with hmmer (>3). Rather some may well be
broken because hmmer(<<3) is not compatible with hmmer(>3) and you can't just replace these with each other.

  Sure someone should investigate this, or get in touch with the maintainers of the dependent packages, but you can also play it safe and keep
hmmer(<3) named hmmer and name the new hmmer(>3) package hmmer3. ==> I think I would favour this solution most.

  hmmer (>3) was packaged by the Debian Med team - any of the uploaders (Matthew, Nelson, Andreas, Charles, Eric): what do you think?

Best regards,

Laszlo