[Debian-med-packaging] Next upload from release-3.20 branch

Steve M. Robbins steve at sumost.ca
Tue May 22 01:49:44 UTC 2012

Hi Mathieu,

I see you've been closing the gcc 4.7 bugs with a couple of discrete
patches.  Upstream is also collecting patches to 3.20 in a
"release-3.20" branch.  This branch already contains all the changes
in ftbfs-gcc-4.7.diff and much more.

In the spirit of avoiding duplicate work, I propose we follow the
upstream release branch for further releases.  My idea is to create
new date-based upstream releases straight from git, similar to what I
do for gccxml.  I suggest to version them as "3.20.1+git20120521" as
this is a successor to 3.20.1 and a predecessor to 3.20.2 should
upstream ever release one.

Thoughts?

-Steve