[Debian-med-packaging] Lintian check for d/upstream files (Was: another source of URLs for DUCK: debian/upstream)

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Mon Sep 2 11:37:18 UTC 2013

Hi Simon,

On Mon, Sep 02, 2013 at 12:54:11PM +0200, Simon Kainz wrote:
> Concerning severity levels: You are centaily right - i lowered this to
> Pedantic.
>
> I also changed the naming and renamed the files, now the .pm suffix is
> added. I first started with linitan from wheezy, whic hwas quite happy
> with .pm extenstions. Now I'm in a sid-chroot, and using lintian 2.5.17.
>
> See https://github.com/skainz/lintian-upstream-metadata

Great.  Your work is really welcome.  I added a comment to the wiki page[1]

> |So from my point of view we should go on filing a bug report against
> | lintian to include this.
>
> Well, yes. I'll first talk to Charles concerning the Field-Names and
> some other stuff i'm still uncertain of, but after that, i'll try to get
> it into lintian.

I think for the moment it would be OK to verify the Field-Names
currently mentioned in the wiki[2] and warn about unknown Fields with a
hint to the wiki[2].  Please note that the Reference field has its own
subfields (or how this might be called in YAML slang).

Many thanks for your work

       Andreas.

[1] https://wiki.debian.org/UpstreamMetadata#Lintian_check
[2] https://wiki.debian.org/UpstreamMetadata#Fields