[Debian-med-packaging] non-free packages

Charles Plessy charles-listes-med-packaging at plessy.org
Thu Sep 19 23:54:02 UTC 2013

Le Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 07:24:35PM +0200, Thorsten Alteholz a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> according to [1] we have 46 source packages in non-free. Some of them:
>    abyss
>    blimps
>    clustalw-mpi
>    cluster3
>    cufflinks
>    eigensoft
>    embassy-phylip
>    gmap
>    jai-core
>    jai-imageio-core
>    mssstest
>    paml
>    seq-gen
>    sift
> have architecture dependent binary packages, that won't be built by
> the buildds ([2] explains the reason). Is this intentional or did we
> miss something?

Hi Thorsten,

on my side it has been intentional: there was a time where non-free
autobuilding was unreliable, and therefore packages would not migrate to
testing because they would be waiting for the build on this or that
architecture.  Of course, with this strategy, I can not know if the
autobuilding became reliable in the meantime.

Cheers,

--
Charles