[Debian-med-packaging] Any chance to only partly disable tests for camitk (Re: r16503 - in trunk/packages/camitk/trunk/debian: . patches)

Emmanuel Promayon Emmanuel.Promayon at imag.fr
Fri Mar 28 18:56:40 UTC 2014

Hello again,

>> Then I was able to run the test, but I ran into another problem:
>> although all the selected test passed when run on sid, some of them
>> failed when run in the pbuilder. I will investigate this when the
>> test suite is fully operational.
>
> There are several options:
>   - Tests that might try to connect to online resources will fail.
>   - Tests that might need some extra packages you have installed
>     on your system by chance might fail - you need to add these
>     packages as Build-Depends

Thanks, I will check this, but I think it is more due to a badly
defined test.

> Yes, sounds good.  Please give me a final OK if you want me to sponsor
> the package.

>> Only two lintian warnings are left:
>> W: camitk source: unknown-field-in-dsc testsuite
>
> Use `lintian -i` to find out what might be wrong.
for this it says

>> W: camitk source: newer-standards-version 3.9.5 (current is 3.9.4)
>>
>> The first one is due to the new field in control for autpkg:
>> XS-Testsuite: autopkgtest
>> Which I suppose is ok (?) considering I added the X-TestSuite flag
>> in debian/control in order to activate autopkgtest
>
> Yes!

> You should simply bump the Standards-Version if lintian tells you to do
> so to adapt to the latest Debian Policy.  In the most cases your package
> will need no changes - otherwise lintian will tell you so.  I personally
> do simply
>
>       cme fix dpkg-control
>
> (as proposed in Debian Med policy).
In fact, my mistake, lintian does not complain anymore about the
Standards-Version (it is set to 3.9.5 in the package).
There was a problem with the date format though.

And therefore I would say that the package is ready to upload, so green
light!
Thanks in advance for the sponsoring!

Mahnu