[Debian-med-packaging] [relion] branch master created (now d446b4a)

rf at q-leap.de rf at q-leap.de
Mon Oct 13 21:02:00 UTC 2014

>>>>> "Andreas" == Andreas Tille <andreas at an3as.eu> writes:
Hi Andreas,

I just pushed my latest set of commits. Packages do build now with (at
least) the following issues left:

- usr/share/doc is still missing
- Missing manpages (lintian warnings ...). Is this release critical?
- d/copyright created with /usr/lib/cdbs/licensecheck2dep5 has a number
  of FIXMEs. What to do about them?
- The build process in rules/override_dh_auto_build is not particularly
  nice. It works, but I will eventually split the separate builds more
  appropriately. Don't know, whether I will get around to do this before
  the freeze. But I don't think, it should be a show-stopper. The
  separate builds are necessary to avoid pulling in unneeded
  dependencies by dh_shlibdeps for the different bin packages.
- No testing done yet ... Will do asap and will tag for release then.
- Contact upstream (see below)
- If you want, you can try a test build with debuild.

    Andreas> Hi Roland, On Fri, Oct 10, 2014 at 04:10:37PM +0200,
    >>
    Andreas> Hi again, please git pull.  I added citation information,
    Andreas> fixed d/rules permission and did `cme fix dpkg-control`.
    Andreas> If you don't like the latter (which I personally doubt)
    Andreas> please at least respect 80 character line limit for
    Andreas> description.
    >>
    >> OK, thanks. Upstream download site requires registration. Any
    >> ideas how to handle this in the watch file?

    Andreas> No, I have not ... except for contacting upstream which we
    Andreas> should do anyway since in some way we are "undermining"
    Andreas> their registration process if we distribute the package on
    Andreas> Debian.  It might be convincing to upstream that we are
    Andreas> mentioning their publication (starting from next cron job
    Andreas> tomorrow).

I will contact upstream asap, asking what to do about the download
page and suggesting to create a usable git repo. I've also subscribed to
their mailing list to stay on top of things.

    >> http://www2.mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk/groups/scheres/download_relion.html
    >> If you have a quick solution, you can just add the file to the
    >> repo.

    Andreas> You might convince upstream to find a better layout on
    Andreas> Github and do some prober release tagging which would
    Andreas> enable us to drain the source from here

    Andreas>    https://github.com/jjcorreao/relion

This seems to be an unofficial repo (not supported by the MRC LMB
group). The README says "Run RELION at [NERSC] (NERSC is a US National
Lab)", so it seems to have nothing to do with upstream.

    Andreas> Currently their repository layout seems to be like they
    Andreas> might re-invent an additional versioning inside a Git
    Andreas> repository which seems to be a wrong way to use Git.

See above.

Best,

Roland

-------
http://www.q-leap.com / http://qlustar.com
          --- HPC / Storage / Cloud Linux Cluster OS ---