[Debian-med-packaging] [relion] branch master created (now d446b4a)

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Wed Oct 15 09:10:37 UTC 2014

Hi Roland,

On Tue, Oct 14, 2014 at 10:38:53PM +0200, rf at q-leap.de wrote:
>     Andreas> What is also left is
>
>     Andreas>    git import-orig --pristine-tar <orig_tarball>
>
>     Andreas> as described in policy.  The repository is lacking the
>     Andreas> typical branches upstream and pristine-tar (or you missed
>     Andreas> pushing these).  So I just answer your items without having
>     Andreas> done a test build.
>
> no they are all there. You probably haven't tracked the branches
> locally, since you already pulled very early last week before I had
> pushed them.

Hmmm, I have not found a clue how to get all branches afterwards and
thus I gbp-clone_ed from scratch which actually had the branches so this
is fine.

>     Andreas> Not critical but would be nice.  Sometimes help2man is your
>     Andreas> friend.
>
> OK, I check what is doable without too much effort at this stage.

Simply decide on your own how helpful this might be to your users.  Its
a "nice to have" feature and can be added later if needed.

>     >> - d/copyright created with /usr/lib/cdbs/licensecheck2dep5 has a
>     >>   number
>     >> of FIXMEs. What to do about them?
>
>     Andreas> I usually fill in
>
>     Andreas> Upstream-Name: FIXME Upstream-Contact: FIXME Source: FIXME
>
> OK.

After building the package I realised a lot of

  W: relion source: file-without-copyright-information *

lintian warnings and also a

  E: relion source: license-problem-undefined-license unknown (paragraph at line 151)

error.  We can not upload before this is polished.  Please use the latest
lintian

    apt-get -t unstable install lintian

to verify this (I'm using apt-pinning to always have the latest lintian).

> You probably already saw my message from this evening regarding this on
> the debmed list ...

Yes. :-)
Hopefully it will be successful.

Kind regards