[Debian-med-packaging] [relion] branch master created (now d446b4a)

rf at q-leap.de rf at q-leap.de
Thu Oct 16 16:55:44 UTC 2014

    >> Another problem: The upstream src includes tar files of other
    >> projects, (external/fftw-3.2.2.tar.gz,
    >> external/fltk-1.3.0.tar.gz) which should be excluded from our
    >> source. Unfortunately, I only realized that later after I already
    >> did the git-import-orig. What's the simplest way to get rid of
    >> external/* completely without recreating the whole repo?

    Andreas> I hope I pushed a proper solution by adding the files to
    Andreas> exclude in Files-Excluded and append '+dfsg' to the file
    Andreas> version to mark that we are not dealing with the original
    Andreas> tarball.  Hope you liked this solution
    Andreas> - if not I do not know a better one than recreating (I do
    Andreas>   not mind about
    Andreas> the history - so just keep things simple).

This was just fine. Thanks.

OK, a tagged version is pushed. I had to revamp the whole binary package
structure, because binaries built configure options A
(e.g. --enable-mpi) wouldn't run with libs built with configure options
B (e.g. --disable-mpi). Not very nice, but unsolvable without a lot of
tampering with upstream source.

So I ended up with 4 x 3 binary packages:

relion-bin
relion-bin+mpi
relion-bin+gui
relion-bin+mpi+gui

and corresponding lib packages.

The packages and binaries are manually tested (incl. MPI runs). Please
have a look and see whether this can be uploaded.

Roland

-------
http://www.q-leap.com / http://qlustar.com
          --- HPC / Storage / Cloud Linux Cluster OS ---