[Debian-med-packaging] relion_1.3+dfsg-1_amd64.changes is NEW

rf at q-leap.de rf at q-leap.de
Thu Oct 23 12:55:07 UTC 2014

Hi Andreas,

    Andreas> Hi Thorsten, On Thu, Oct 23, 2014 at 08:46:20AM +0200,
    Andreas> Thorsten Alteholz wrote:
    >> >
    >> >This is answered here
    >>
    >> hmm, not really. All *-dev depend on librelion-dev-common, but
    >> there is no such package. Instead all /usr/include-stuff is
    >> duplicated in each *-dev. Only the contents of /usr/lib is
    >> different ...

    Andreas> Uhmmm, thanks for checking (which I did not obviously).
    Andreas> Roland, could you give any valid arguments (like upstream
    Andreas> has reasons since there *might* be a change of the header
    Andreas> files or so) to keep the code duplication or otherwise move
    Andreas> the header files to librelion-dev-common?

OK, I did a new, more detailed analysis of the headers and found that
different configure options just add but don't change header
files. Consequently I re-added package librelion-dev-common with only
the header files that are needed by all dev packages and then included
the specific ones (for *+mpi-dev*, *+gui-dev*, *+mpi+gui-dev*) only to those
packages where they are needed. There is still slight duplication ( 7
identical files in *+mpi-dev* and *+mpi+gui-dev*, and 1 identical file
in *+gui-dev* and *+mpi+gui-dev*), but I don't think 7 resp. 1 header
file doesn't warrant two additional packages. Let me know if you think
otherwise.

Pushed the changes. If you think all is OK like described above, please
try a new upload (I bumped the version to debian/1.3+dfsg-2 after
all). This time I tested that all packages install and work, as far as I
can tell :)

Best,

Roland

-------
http://www.q-leap.com / http://qlustar.com
          --- HPC / Storage / Cloud Linux Cluster OS ---