[Debian-med-packaging] Dawg ready for review

Kevin Murray kevin at kdmurray.id.au
Tue Dec 15 07:50:47 UTC 2015

Hi Andreas,

On 08:39 15/12, Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 15, 2015 at 04:36:08PM +1100, Kevin Murray wrote:
> >
> > Correct, this is done with gbp pq. But weirdly, using gbp buildpackage works
> > fine. Standard git-pbuilder chroot. Weird.
>
> That's *really* weird.
>
> > Removed original patch, added your suggestion and pushed. Seems to all be good
> > at my end. Could you have another go at an upload please?
>
> I'm sorry but I failed to build again.  Now dpkg claims a diff against
> the upstream source.  I tried to clean up master branch which contained
> some changed files (i.e. Modules/CMakeUserUseBison.cmake) and some new
> files (ecamples/*.dawg, releng/) compared to the upstream tarball.
>
> However, these files were needed later in the build.  I can not believe
> that the current repository builds at your side if you use the same
> orig.tar.gz that is in pristine-tar branch.  Please try cleaning up your
> export-dir and tarball-dir to make sure you are really using the archive
> from the pristine-tar branch.
>
> I'd be happy if somebody else could verify whether the repository builds
> somewhere else than at Kevins side (I can not exclude that its simply me
> but I can't help myself that the current state can not work at all).

Ok, so this has gone from weird to spooky :). I just remove all files in ../,
and did:

  git-pbuilder update
  gbp buildpackage

And it worked (log attached). HEAD is at commit 5649935. pristine-tar at
44dcf30. upstream dab08ba (tag: upstream/1.2). And all have been pushed to
ssh://git.debian.org/git/debian-med/dawg.git. And dpkg -c on the .deb show that
all expected files exist.

Could someone who isn't one of us two please have a go and see if the build
works?

Cheers,
Kevin

---