[Debian-med-packaging] spades status (was: RFS: mhap - jessie-backports)

Afif Elghraoui afif at ghraoui.name
Fri Dec 18 04:53:01 UTC 2015

Hi, Andreas,

على الخميس 17 كانون الأول 2015 ‫02:45، كتب Andreas Tille:
> Uploaded.  Thanks for your preparation, Andreas.

Thanks for the upload :)

> PS: Any progress with spades?

I'm working on several things at once (wgs-assembler/smrtanalysis/other
genomics software/others). For spades, I can't realistically work on it
from my laptop (which is what I usually use) because it needs lots of
power to build. I have to save that for when I'm on my workstation.

That reminds me: When I packaged consensuscore, I did not make a headers
package since I didn't know any other software uses it-- the
smrtanalysis suite only uses it via python bindings, so that's why I
called the source package python-consensuscore. I see that spades uses
its headers, so perhaps we should rename python-pbconsensuscore to
consensuscore. I can add a new binary package containing the headers so
we can use it as a dependency for spades.

regards
Afif

--
Afif Elghraoui | عفيف الغراوي