[Debian-med-packaging] picard-tools and htsjdk

Vincent Danjean vdanjean.ml at free.fr
Sat Dec 19 21:49:58 UTC 2015

  Hi,

  After long weeks in NEW, htsjdk has been accepted by FTP master.
  They accept htsjdk (1.138+dfsg.1-2) but do not handle libhtsjdk-java
(1.138+dfsg.1-3) source package. Indeed, I renamed the source package
as proposed by Andreas at that time.
  However, as Charles told us that keeping htsjdk as source package name
is fine too, I just decided to not bother the FTP team and keep
the htsjdk source package name.
  So libhtsjdk-java (1.138+dfsg.1-3) has been removed from the NEW
queue and htsjdk (1.138+dfsg.1-4) has just been uploaded (only a
source package changed name between both)
  Warning: I rename the git repository (libhtsjdk-java.git => htsjdk.git)
in the debian-med alioth project. So update your .git/config to fix URL
if needed (or redo a clone if you do not have local changes)

  I also uploaded the ready picard-tools package (1.138+dfsg.1-1)
that depends on libhtsjdk-java.

  Note that both htsjdk and picard-tools have a new upstream release 2.0
nowadays. The "problem" is that the new htsjdk has a dependency on
a new ngs-java software...
  It is probable that I will try to take care of it, but I do not know
when I will have time to do it. Fell free to start it if you wish.

  Regards
    Vincent

Vincent Danjean       GPG key ID 0xD17897FA         vdanjean at debian.org
GPG key fingerprint: 621E 3509 654D D77C 43F5  CA4A F6AE F2AF D178 97FA
Unofficial pkgs: http://moais.imag.fr/membres/vincent.danjean/deb.html
APT repo:  deb http://people.debian.org/~vdanjean/debian unstable main