[Debian-med-packaging] removing python-cogent from not amd64

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Wed Dec 23 07:22:49 UTC 2015

Hi Matthia,

On Wed, Dec 23, 2015 at 12:01:26AM +0000, Mattia Rizzolo wrote:
> Since the last version of python-cogent it adds quite some build-depends
> (even if not documented in d/changelog...), including bwa, which builds
> only for amd64 and kfbsd-amd64.
> Now, I wonder if you/I/we should remove python-cogent in
>     arm64 armel armhf i386 mips mipsel powerpc ppc64el s390x hurd-i386 kfreebsd-i386
>     alpha hppa m68k mips64el ppc64 sh4 sparc64 x32
> (the split is between which are a concern of ftp-master and which not).

Ahhh, well - its basically since I switched on running the test suite
which includes testing with bwa.  I probably need to exclude those tests
for other architectures as I'm doing it for python-biopython to deal
with this issue.

> This would allow python-cogent to migrate to testing again, even.
>
> What moves me to ask this is the fact that the old version 1.5.3-2 used
> python-support, which I'm removing, and I don't like asking ftp-masters
> to break binaries, even if outdated, so I'm now hunting the crufts like
> this :)

Feel free to file a bug about this to make sure I'll not forget to do
this since I guess this will not happen over the next couple of days.

Kind regards