[Debian-med-packaging] Adding libkmc-dev to the kmc package

Kevin Murray kevin at kdmurray.id.au
Thu Oct 1 09:24:10 UTC 2015

Hi all,

The kmc package is intended by upstream to be usable as a C++ library. So, I've
added a C++ libkmc-dev package which distributes the headers and a static
archive. This work has been pushed to daube/libkmcdev of the git repo on
git.debian.org.

I've used gbp pq to manage patches, and it made some automatic changes to the
patch queue. So, please review the patch queue, and if any of the changes annoy
you, I'll revert them and use quilt.

Is it worth packaging a shared library, and modifying the binaries in the kmc
binary package to use the shared library?

Note that this isn't ready for upload yet, this is just me letting you know
that I'm working on this :).

Cheers,
Kevin

---
Kevin Murray

GPG pubkey: http://www.kdmurray.id.au/static/A4B4EE6A.asc
FPR: 656C 0632 1EAB 2C3F 3837  9767 17C2 8EB1 A4B4 EE6A