[Debian-med-packaging] python-dendropy_4.0.3-1_amd64.changes REJECTED

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Fri Oct 2 20:33:14 UTC 2015

Hi Thorsten,

On Fri, Oct 02, 2015 at 06:00:14PM +0000, Thorsten Alteholz wrote:

> as the source tarball contains a doc-directory, this sentence from the
> license file is not nice:
>  All DendroPy documentation, (non-logo) images and other media, as
>  provided online or otherwise distributed, can be used in accordance with the
>  `Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License

As I said previously when you spotted some license issues with images
in mauve-aligner:  It would be really helpful if you do not turn your
results into prosaic text but leave us the code to reproduce what you
are talking about.  I do not know what images you mean nor how to
reproduce.  I tried

  find . -type f -iname "*.gif" -exec strings \{\} \; | grep -i copyright
  find . -type f -iname "*.gif" -exec strings \{\} \; | grep -i share
  find . -type f -iname "*.png" -exec strings \{\} \; | grep -i copyright
  find . -type f -iname "*.png" -exec strings \{\} \; | grep -i share

So please (for this case and also in future) leave us the code that
enables us reproducing things.

> Also I could not find any license information for the data files that
> have been downloaded from TreeBase.

Please also be more verbose what exact Files you mean to enable me a
qualified mail to upstream.  Please note:  If *I* would have found those
files before I would have mentioned them in d/copyright.  But I have not
and letting me seek after you have found it is not really efficient.
There are some hits for

  grep -Ril TreeBase *

Are you talking about all these files?

Thanks for enlightening