[Debian-med-packaging] Asking a review of the htsjdk package

Vincent Danjean vdanjean.ml at free.fr
Mon Sep 7 09:04:56 UTC 2015

On 07/09/2015 09:57, Andreas Tille wrote:
> Hi Vincent,
>
> On Mon, Sep 07, 2015 at 12:56:42AM +0200, Vincent Danjean wrote:
>>   I'm in the process to package the new picard-tools upstream.
>> It is done within the Debian Med packaging team but it is a
>> java program.
>>   The new upstream version modifies a lot its layout. In particular,
>> a big chunk of code has been put in a external library: htsjdk
>>
>>   So, I created a new package (source package 'htsjdk') that is
>> currently in the NEW queue. That said, I would be very pleased if
>> someone from the java team can give a look at the package. I'm not
>> very familiar with java packaging. Any comments are welcome.
>>
>>   Sources can be obtained with
>> git clone git://anonscm.debian.org/debian-med/htsjdk.git
>
> Thanks for working on this.
>
> Some minor remarks:
>
>   1. You can most probably remove Shaun Jackman from Uploaders.
>      As far as I understood Shaun he does not even find time for
>      those packages where he is upstream.

Ok

>   2. I *personally* would use libhtsjdk-java also as source
>      package name.  Since Emmanuel did not mentioned this it is
>      possibly no declared pkg-java policy so feel free to ignore
>      this hint.

Ok. I'm trying to fix all things (rename git repo on alioth, remove
tags for the old package name, ...)
If needed, reclone the repo from
git://anonscm.debian.org/debian-med/libhtsjdk-java.git

>   3. Fixed a minor typo in README.Debian (please pull)
>
>   4. Since I have not noticed any mails on the commit list I
>      changed the config on git.debian.org (see if it works now
>      after my change).

I do not know if you see my request to be member of the debian-med
group on alioth but, in my message, I told that there is an error
for permission on /git/debian-med/git-commit-notice:
$ getfacl /git/debian-med/git-commit-notice
getfacl : suppression du premier « / » des noms de chemins absolus
# file: git/debian-med/git-commit-notice
# owner: tille
# group: scm_debian-med
user::rwx
group::rwx
group:Debian:r--
group:debian-med:rwx
group:scm_debian-med:rwx
mask::rwx
other::r-x

See the missing 'x' for the Debian group. When I pushed, I got
a permission deny to execute this script in the git hook.

That said, my current push correctly execute the hook, so you
should have fixed something.

  Regards,
    Vincent