[Debian-med-packaging] Problems with openssl when upgrading r-bioc-rtracklayer

Christian Seiler christian at iwakd.de
Sun Dec 4 20:30:08 UTC 2016

Hi,

On 12/04/2016 08:55 PM, Andreas Tille wrote:
> I tried to upgrade r-bioc-rtracklayer[1] to the latest upstream version
> (see trunk in SVN) but the build failed with:
>
> * installing *source* package 'rtracklayer' ...
> ./configure: line 1676: syntax error near unexpected token `OPENSSL,'
> ./configure: line 1676: `PKG_CHECK_MODULES(OPENSSL, openssl >= 1.0, OPENSSL="yes", OPENSSL="no")'

The m4 macro PKG_CHECK_MODULES doesn't appear to be replaced
when generating configure from configure.ac. Since you are
using dh and compat = 10, dh_autoreconf is used by default,
so that's where the macro isn't properly substituted.

If you're running this in a clean environment, it likely
comes from the fact that you don't have pkg-config installed,
which installs /usr/share/aclocal/pkg.m4, where the macro is
defined (and which has to be available at the time autoreconf
is run).

So my guess is you simply need to add pkg-config to your
Build-Depends and everything should work.

I've never used svn-buildpackage, and I don't understand how
to properly checkout what you have and build it, so I can't
really verify that this is the right solution.

Regards,
Christian