[Debian-med-packaging] Wrapper for spades (Was: spades_3.6.2+dfsg-1_amd64.changes ...)

Sascha Steinbiss sascha at steinbiss.name
Thu Feb 11 16:15:55 UTC 2016

Hi all,

[...]
> I tried switching to the wrapper but when trying to run it, it seems to
> be trying to access other files (e.g. VERSION) in a wrong directory.
> Looks like I might need some more time...

Btw I have now got it to work nicely (IMHO):

 - wrapper used in /usr/bin
 - symlinked 'dipspades' and 'truspades' to the wrapper
 - also available via 'spades.py', 'dipspades.py' etc. for
   compatibility, symlinks as well
 - all '--test' runs succeed now, added to build time tests for
   spades and dipspades

I have also added an autopkgtest for all tools including truspades. That
can't be tested at build time as it needs bwa-spades in a specific
location which is not there yet then. But I can live with that.

Also I have added editable manpages for all binaries and symlinked the
.py counterparts. The only remaining Lintian issues are now spelling
issues in the binaries (which I'm pretty sure is a false positive) and
the timestamped gzips, which are provide by upstream like that and for
which I have added an override.

I also think that I managed to put in all the licenses. There are 31
entries in d/copyright, with 12 different licenses! I hope I didn't miss
any.

Would be glad if anyone could take a look, changes are in git. Maybe
we're luckier with this upload ;)

Cheers
Sascha