[Debian-med-packaging] C++ problems when upgrading bowtie2

Gert Wollny gw.fossdev at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 23:56:12 UTC 2016

Hello,

On Wed, 2016-02-17 at 22:17 +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
> Hi,
>
> could anybody with more C++ knowledge than me have a look at my last
> bowtie2 commits of the new upstream version which throws the
> following
> problems:

without digging too deep into the code it seems that the TBB thread
implementation is not working properly, i.e. the without TBB they use a
thread implementation that resides withing the tthread namespace, and
without TBB, they include the TBB headers, but don't take care of the
fact that now all thread related classes reside in the tbb namespace.

If you remove the WITH_TBB=1 part from debian/rules than it builds.

Best,
Gert