[Debian-med-packaging] Seeking CMake help for spades

Sascha Steinbiss satta at tetrinetsucht.de
Sun Feb 21 22:57:25 UTC 2016

Hi Gert,

thanks again for your quick reply.

>> Yes, this indeed fixed the compiling for this file (and the rest as
>> well after adding 'add_definitions(-DJEMALLOC_NO_RENAME)’.
>>
>>> AFAICS the library actually exports the je_* names though.
>>
>> Unfortunately it doesn’t:
>
> In this case I think that you can use  JEMALLOC_NO_DEMANGLE instead, as
> in jemalloc/jemalloc.h this is used to not undef the je_* macros.

Cool, I think I’m almost there now. Links fine now but segfaults on log output because Debian’s libjemalloc version (3.6) doesn’t report the mallctl stat ‘stats.cactive_max’ any more, leading to a null pointer dereference when trying to use this invalid value (src/io/logger_impl.cpp:105ff).
I have replaced the logged value with its counterpart from the non-jemalloc fallback version. This may not result in the exact same log output but will keep us going.

Cheers
Sascha